1. You must have an appointment. We open at 7:00 AM to release the surgical patients from the
day before. Check-in time is 7:30 AM. If you arrive after 8:00 AM we will not be able to admit your
pet for surgery and will ask you to reschedule. We have a very strict surgery schedule that must
be followed. For the safety of all pets, pet parents and staff we ask that you leave your pets in the
car until you have been checked in. Each cats must be in its own carrier and all feral cats must be
in a feral trap. Aggressive or high anxiety pets require special care please ask to make special
arrangements when making appointment.
2. Georgia state law requires we have a copy of your current rabies vaccination for your pet. If
your pet does not have a rabies vaccine, we will administer it at a charge of $12.00. If your pet
does have a rabies vaccine, you must bring proof in the form of a certificate or vaccine history
from your veterinarian. (Rabies tags are not valid proof) This is REQUIRED at check in. So
please make arrangements according. We recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least
two weeks prior to your appointment so they have some immunity to common diseases.
Distemper and Parvo are still common in GA and DEADLY so make sure your pets are up to date
on shots before bringing them where they will be exposed to other animals.
3. You may feed your pet the night before. You may even feed a few kibbles in the morning. (not
a full meal) They may have water at any time. Your pet will not be able to be bathed for 7 to 10
days following his or her surgery. If you would like for him to be bathed, please do so before
he/she is brought in. Effectively Immediately any pet showing signs of fleas will receive a $6.00
Capstar pill charged to the owner to prevent the spreading of fleas.
4. For Safety reasons we ask that you leave all pets in your vehicle until after you have
completed the necessary admission forms. Admission process typically takes about 10 minutes
and Check in takes 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
5. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in an individual cat carrier. If you do not have
a carrier for your cat, you will be required to buy a cardboard carrier for $5.00. (See Services &
Fees page.) All Feral Cats MUST be in a feral Trap. If you do not have one, we do have them
here and you can borrow one for a small deposit. That deposit will go toward your surgery.
6. Animals over 7 years old are required to have a $40.00 pre surgery bloodwork panel ran. This
can be done Monday through Thursday between 9:00AM and 12:00PM. This process usually
runs 15 to 20 min. It generally takes 24 to 48 hrs. for results to be returned. We ask that you
please come one week prior to your appointment to avoid scheduling conflicts. Your results are
only valid for 30 days. We do offer a waiver for the bloodwork but only if your pet passes the
physical exam. You must have veterinary approval to be cleared for surgery.
7. Check out/ Pick up. Monday -Thursday Dogs are released same day starting at 3:00PM
Cats stay overnight and are released at 7:00AM the following morning. Payment for services are
due at check out. We close at 4:00PM daily. A $25.00 late fee will be applied to parents who are
over an hour late. Pets left overnight with no contact will be considered Abandoned. Fridays
everyone is released at 3:00pm. We do make special arrangements for aggressive or high
8. We accept Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.